Grown your own Lion's Mane Mushrooms with a ready to fruit block. Instructions included.
1. Place the block on a window sill, possibly above a sink where it will get some light throughout the day.
2. Place a small hole in the top of the bag and press out all of the extra air. Fold over the plastic from top to bottom and turn the block over so the plastic stays folded over and it appears more like a block.
3. Do not cut the top off the bag, but instead find a few spots where you see the white mushroom mycelium pressed up against the side of the bag and cut a few 2-3 inch long slits in the bag.
4. Mist the bag with a spray bottle or similar 2-3 times per day.
5. Continue this for approximately 7 days and you will see the block start to grow mushroom "pins" from the slits in the bag.
6. Once you see the mushroom "pins" start to come up, continue to mist, but avoid large drops of water directly on the pins.
7. Within another 4-5 days the mushrooms will mature. You want to pick them as the tendrils start to form and grow approximately 1cm long.
8. Your first "flush" should yield approximately 1lb of mushrooms, the second flush will start to pin approximately 2 weeks after you have harvested your first flush, so continue to mist. You can expect to get about 3 flushes out of the mushroom block.